Thursday, December 23, 2010

2010's Best Downloadable Console Game

Super Meat Boy
By Team Meat (10/20)

If you read my most recent why haven't you played this yet then you obviously know why I love this game.  Instead of repeating why it's great, let me say why I didn't feel other games should of won.  I enjoyed Limbo but the replay value was low and ultimately I felt it was overhyped.  Comic Jumper and Mega Man 10 didn't deliver for me compared to their excellent predecessors (Splosion Man and Mega Man 9) and Joe Danger didn't do it for me either.  Even though I like beat-em-ups, X-Men Arcade is a rerelease and while Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is incredibly fun, it didn't justify winning a top spot over Super Meat Boy.  There were tons of great downloadable titles released this year besides the ones I listed such as Bit.Trip.Runner and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light so instead of disagreeing with my choice, just be thankful that so many games have been available for download for a fraction of the price of retail release titles. 

Runner Up
Monday Night Combat

A really fun third-person shooter that's only $15?  I was looking forward to this game for awhile and was satisfied with how much strategy is necessary for this game.  Teamwork is crucial and there were definitely many matches that had me and my group sweating.  Granted there's really only one main matchtype it doesn't change the fact that you're getting a pretty good deal here.  Like most shooters though, it's much more fun playing with friends so just like Black Ops, stay away if you're a loner.

Honorable Mention: Pac Man Championship Edition: DX

No comments:

Post a Comment