Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My 2010 Games of the Year! (nominees)

I stopped watching the VGAs because the show is completely ridiculous.  The main reason anyone usually watches it is for the previews of upcoming games.  In that regard, the VGAs are amazing and this year they didn't disappoint with peeks at Elder Scrolls V, Mass Effect 3, and Uncharted 3!  While the actual awards are usually bogus, apparently they're doing much better with their choices.  This got me thinking, why don't I try my own games of the year?  I mean, that's why you clicked the link bringing you here right?  But first, I'm gonna give a few of my nominees in each category and I'd like your opinions. 

Please keep in mind that I'm only 1 man and try as I might, I can't play EVERY great game released in 2010.  If you have suggestions on a game I may have missed, please let me know.  Also, the games are listed in no particular order.
There's a small criteria that these games must meet and it's as follows:
  • Had to be released in 2010 (so no ports)
  • Can't be a visually updated or enhanced version of a current game
With that out of the way, here are the nominees:

iPhone
  • Angry Birds
  • Cut The Rope
  • Infinity Blade
  • Ninjatown: Trees of Doom



Nintendo Wii
  • Epic Mickey
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • No More Heroes 2

Playstation 3
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • God of War 3
  • Heavy Rain
  • 3D Dot Game Heroes



Xbox 360
  • Halo Reach
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Fable 3
  • Alan Wake
These are the four platforms that I would like your opinions on.  I'm going to be giving my own opinion on other awards and I'm looking to release one every few days.  Please leave your comments below if you feel I missed a game or maybe your opinion on which game should win and why in each category.

1 comment:

  1. Why is Epic Mickey twice? It is THAT good? Now I'm excited! XD

    ReplyDelete