Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010's Xbox 360 Game of the Year

Mass Effect 2
Bioware (released 1/26)

While it's a known fact that Mass Effect 2 is coming to PS3's next year, let me remind everyone that it was an Xbox 360 exclusive (and available for as low as $10 new.)  Granted it's also available for PCs, I'm a console gamer so that point is irrelevant to me.  I already stated in one of my earlier reviews that I never played through Mass Effect 1, so for me to recognize it as not only one of the best 360 games of the year, but one of the best games of the year truly shows what a masterpiece Bioware has made.  Incredible storytelling, beautiful graphics and set pieces, talented voiceovers, and great combat are only pieces of what make Mass Effect 2 one of my favorite games of the year.  Throw in a customizeable story, tons of side quests, and stellar DLC and you're left with a title that every gamer should play.  I could go on and on about every detail that makes Mass Effect 2 great, but there really is no excuse as to why any gamer shouldn't play this game now.  Well..unless you only own the Wii. 

*Wii gamers you have nothing to gripe about!  You have Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Epic Mickey this year so shut up about me not giving them any love! 

Runner Up
Dance Central

Seriously James?  Well..Yeah!  Let's think about this really, can you name another title that is single-handedly selling an $150 piece of equipment?  (If you can then good for you!People who don't normally play games talk about wanting to try that dancing game with the connects.  I saw the hilarious looking demo during E3 and didn't think anything about the game, but after reading some reviews decided to make the purchase.  Not only does Dance Central seem to perfectly capture your movements, but its an insane amount of fun!  I don't dance and I know a lot of my friends don't, but once we pop this game in it doesn't even matter.  Halo Reach is definitely a fantastic shooter, but Dance Central is something everyone can play and I truly found it the more enjoyable of the two.  Then again, if you're not social/unfriendly/shy/a loner then Dance Central isn't for you.  Me on the other hand?  Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment