Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010's Best Videogame Soundtrack

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World Game
By Ubisoft (released 8/10 PSN and 8/25 XBLA)

I grew up playing video games and my first major console was the NES.  Because of that fact, I am somewhat biased to chiptune music otherwise known as 8-bit music.  Even if you're not a fan of this style of music I want you to take a listen to this song.


Let's be honest, you probably liked that song huh?  This song single-handedly made one of my good friend's Mahcus (who will actually be featured in some of my later reviews) fall in love with the genre and I wouldn't be surprised if it converts any of my readers.  This is (in my opinion) the best song in the game but that's not to take away from the other great tracks which were all done by chiptune group Anamanaguchi.  They also made tracks for Bit.Trip.Runner so I highly recommend checking them out.  The great thing too is that the songs are all available for download on iTunes or you could just download the game for a measly $10!  In fact, just go and support Scott Pilgrim everything.  The movie rocks, the graphic novel is hilarious, and the game is classic fun.  Seriously.  Do it now.

Runner Up:
Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead's soundtrack doesn't just add to the games world, it is an integral part of it.  I can't think of another game that could rival the Rockstar's western masterpiece audibly and aside from the brilliant voice acting, the musical cues are perfect.  Red Dead Redemption's soundtrack perfectly sets the mood to one of the best games of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment