Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dead Space 2 Severed (DLC)

$7 for PSN or 560 pts for Xbox Live

I really enjoyed Dead Space 2 and once the first piece of downloadable content was announced, I couldn't wait for it's release.  However, this new content starred Gabe Weller from the Wii's Dead Space Extraction.  Regardless, I was eager for another reason to play Dead Space 2 so I quickly downloaded Severed.  I was pretty underwhelmed, to say the least.

For the $7 you're paying, you're given two completely new chapters starring a protagonist (most don't really know) on a mission to save his wife.  This rescue mission takes place apparently moments after Isaac Clarke's romp on the Sprawl.  While I enjoyed seeing the place after the carnage Clarke had to endure, It almost seemed more of a rehash of Dead Space 2 with very little added.  I am glad that the developers brought back the very creepy Twitchers from Dead Space 1, but overall the experience felt like more of the same which is sad because in the short amount of time spent with Gabe, I did find myself interested in his story.  Clocking in at a little over an hour (I took about 75 minutes on Zealot difficulty) though doesn't really seem to be giving buyers much for their buck.  If you love Dead Space (especially it's story) then I'd recommend checking it out.  For casual fans however, it's definitely passable.

FINAL GRADE: C-

No comments:

Post a Comment