Friday, November 26, 2010

Why Haven't You Played This Yet? #1

Game Dev Story by Kairosoft
Iphone/Ipod
$2.99

Game Dev Story is a business simulator not unlike Lemonade Tycoon (or so I've heard.)  Your goal is to build your own Video Game Company from the ground up.  You design video games for different platforms, all while hiring different employees to work on design, sound, graphics, and overall fun factor.  You figure out which genres pair well together and decide who you're marketing towards, hoping for a great review score from the video game magazines.  Annually they honor games with awards and often times your games get nominated.  Can you build your company up and create your very own video game console? 
This game is one of the most addictive games I've ever played on any system be it handheld or not.  Every person I've recommended this game to has instantly been hooked spending hours playing as if it were mere minutes.  It's hard to describe what exactly makes the game so addicting however.  Maybe it's the excitement of seeing how well your game sells or maybe it's the hope of getting the game of the year honors.  Something about this game makes it almost instantly enjoyable and I found myself spending hours working on my next game.  One negative note: Once you beat the game and get to be a top publisher, the game almost becomes too easy and starts to lose it's appeal. 

Bottom Line: Worth the Money
*There's a lite version so there's no excuse not to try the game.

2 comments:

  1. After you become the top developer there isn't really much to do. I still check in and make games every now and then. Now my goal is to hire all the different characters to my staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. I just made everyone a damn hacker. And now I'm tempted to start over. But once you get started you really can't stop!

    PS. Neither could my friends!

    ReplyDelete